Black Assassins Forums,  

Go Back   Black Assassins Forums, > Games > Other Games > CnC Generals
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2003, 05:48 AM   #1
DuFFMaN

Default Does USA suck?

They have serious cash flow problems. I cannot get tanks out for a looong time as USA. GLA gets tanks out super fast cause no power and makes a rush easy, not to mention their tank are faster. USA seems to have no chance to make it past early game to me.
DuFFMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:30 AM   #2
Czigga
God I'm sexy

It's because of the chinook choppers, USA's mining unit. They cost 1200. Quite a bit. So if you build 2 supply depots and 2/3 chinooks per depot, you're in a lot of financial trouble for quite some time.

However, USA can survive for quite some time on only 2, even 1 chinook chopper if you want to rush or are guarding against one.

If you try to play without building more than 1 chinook, or better yet even zero, you can get a lot of tanks out pretty quick, actually.

2 chinooks max per depot.
Czigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:23 AM   #3
Henl86

Lol, don't ever build 2 service depos with 2 chinooks at start!

On that desert tourney map for example, chinooks are great cause they're fast. You can build a supply depo halfway to each of the supply piles and get 2 choppers going to each.. But never build so many miners that you can't go straight tanks unless the map is huge! Also, I'd rather capture derricks than go a lot of miners early..
Henl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:39 AM   #4
PYMPTYPE
official clanless 0wner

it seems to me like they have air defense problems. the patriot missltes are good but they dont have any vehicals that can shoot the air except rocketloaded humvees and i think those other tanks that require a generals level up
PYMPTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 09:01 AM   #5
Henl86

They have better anti air than gla...
Old 02-20-2003, 09:23 AM   #6
SL802404

...whats wrong with gla's anti-air? They have quad cannons, china has gattling tanks, and usa has nothing unless an upgrade. USA is way overated in my opinion. I would rather play against a USA player than a china player any day. Their early game is simply a humvee rush..although ive seen people with good economies with usa so its not entirely impossible, just more difficult than other countries. But loading up one humvee with 5 tank troopers costs like 2200 total. Not to many people can build that and keep a good economy going.
SL802404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 10:36 AM   #7
Henl86

An empty humvee sufficies vs gla, and they can see half the map with their map hack, erm, "skill"..
Old 02-20-2003, 11:14 AM   #8
Murlaw26
Check my altavar!

No Duf, it's not USA suck, its you
Murlaw26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 01:10 PM   #9
Chrono69x

USA has the advantage of deploying their spy plane at the start (and if deployed right, can see exactly what the enemies doing). Hopefully forsy says something in this thread, i know hes been playing as USA a lot, and can manage a good economy.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:55 PM   #10
Forsythe

Goat's Caption This Wk. 3 Loser

First and foremost...

5 missile defenders + humvee = unbeatable tank.
Unless you have aircraft, a gatt tank or a quad cannon, that thing is a bf with the speed of an ifv - YOU'LL NEVER hit it early game.

When it keeps hitting and running away at max range, none of the tanks, including the crusader can get in range before they're blown up.

The humvee upgrade is well worth the cost. They help kick more tank and aircraft butt. If they go mass infantry, just get the flashbang upgrade, arm your rangers with it and add them into your humvee.

Later game, you'll only want 2 or 3 defenders in the humvee as well as the tow upgrade. Thsi prevents people from smashing a big chunk of your air defense targeting one unit. It also means more units for you. You can load up the rest of spaces with rangers if you're playing gla or china. You want most of your infantry loaded with gla because they have no air units to specifically target your humvees. With china, better to have them in humvees and deploy quick if they start coming because the fire will burn them all down if they are outside in packs. With usa, however, they can and will target those things individually, keep your men out (including rangers) so that they all don't die to a single f22.

Secondly, they are right 1 - 3 choppers early game is all you need for USA. 4 for later on, plus extras (if you want) in case of mig/f22/aa attacks.

Thirdly, once the paladins come in to play, that's when things get shit hot.
Not only are incoming missiles stopped, they help defend your aircraft who are doing close air support, especially during their vulnerable (turning back phase). They stop the missile following your aircraft, so when turning back, try to run over top your paladins so they won't get hit much.

Lastly, use the rnagers to their advantages, keep clearing out garrisons with em, and use your rocket guys in the middle for air defense and in case the other side is out tanking you like hell. Rangers on the other hand have got to be where they needed, in the front or away from it. In front vs other rocket guys, or away, in case tanks need to move fast and in formation. Especially vs gla, keep these guys in humvees running around - again, you only need 2 or 3 inside, the flashbangs do the rest. What you gotta do is focus on a lot of humvees and paladins/crusaders.

USA has enough "technology" use that to your advantage by getting lots humvees so that they can't take out all your air defense or infantry defense in one shot. Spread em out as well, you don't want to lose to one big mig attack or with an incoming artillery barrage.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:41 PM   #11
Cow`
^CowtailS

quad cannons shoot damn far and are good vs rocket guys too
Cow` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #12
Neverside
pickleberry octopus

Im a pure usa player and havent had any trouble holding off a rush, well except for the GLA tunnel shit
Neverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 09:07 PM   #13
aaXwonXaa

i go a lot of depots early, maybe 3 or 4 depending on map.
my bo is
1) power, dozer, spy drone
2) depot at base, depot at another spot 2nd chanook at each
3) airforce at base another depot somewhere
4) barracks for techs
5) war factrory
then whatever, pretty good so far, all my losses are to china, i make like 1 or two comanches at first, then like 15, b4 i get some tanks. then i make like 4 war facotories, late game USA owns, never any money problems. only on small maps.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:15 PM   #14
PYMPTYPE
official clanless 0wner

what sux is when your humvy dies (it dont have much life) and you loose the 5 dudes inside, that a lot of cheese, i dunno if i'd rather have the guys inside live or not though but now it makes deploying at last minute essential
PYMPTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 04:21 PM   #15
Piscinex

every side has an easy counter to humvees, but they are a powerful unit. i only use china personally...

Piscinex is offline   Reply With Quote